2017 Honda PIONEER 1000 LE
Our Best Just Keep Getting Better.
When it comes to finding new, innovative ways to solve problems, Honda has always risen to the challenge. Take our family of Pioneer 1000s. These great side-by-sides got it right the first time in terms of comfort, handling, hauling, and user-friendly features, but we’ve taken the opportunity to make them even better this year. By applying a hefty dose of Honda technology, we’re giving you what we think is the best side-by-side out there—the new Pioneer 1000 Limited Edition. What makes it so special? First, the combination of Honda’s exclusive automatic Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT), combined with our revolutionary I-4WD technology. Then we’ve added FOX QS-3 shock absorbers, and have enhanced the Pioneer 1000’s comfort and protection features.
But some things haven’t changed. Our Pioneer lineup is available in both three- and five-seat versions. And in addition to their innovative features, nothing can match the build quality you get with a Honda. Or our reputation for quality and reliability—huge assets when the going gets rough.
- Powerful 999cc Twin-Cylinder Engine: Class-leading displacement in a compact engine size. The 999cc liquid-cooled inline twin utilizes the same Unicam® cylinder head design found in our motocross bikes and features electronic fuel injection, so you get reliable power and performance, wherever the adventure takes you.
- Fully-Automatic Six-Speed DCT Transmission: Drive the way you want, with the industry’s first and only 6-speed Dual Clutch Transmission. Choose between manual mode or fully automatic. Plus, the addition of Sport Mode increases the fun, shifting at higher RPMs for a spirited, full-performance driving experience.
- High/Low Subtransmission: With a full 42-percent gear reduction between High and Low, you get the torque you need in all 6 gears. It comes in handy when driving over difficult terrain, scaling steep hills or towing heavy loads.
- Built in the U.S.A.: The Pioneer 1000 is purpose-built for the American market, right in America. Domestically and globally sourced parts are all assembled at our plant in Timmonsville, South Carolina, and once these side-by-sides roll off the line, they’re ready to explore every corner of the country.
- 2000-Pound Towing Capacity: Call it 2000 pounds, or call it 1 ton. Ether way, the towing capacity of the Pioneer 1000 is unsurpassed by any competitor. So instead of hopping on the tractor or taking out the truck, you can stay right in your side-by-side and tackle those bigger jobs with relative ease.
- Hill Start Assist (New): Need to stop on a steep uphill? Honda’s new Hill Start Assist automatically holds the Pioneer 1000 LE in position while you move your foot from the brake pedal to the accelerator—there’s no roll-back drama.
- Paddle Shifting: Steering column-mounted paddle shifters add a serious dose of performance in every drive. In Manual mode, they let you shift without ever taking your hands off the wheel, and in Automatic mode, they let you override the current gear with a quick up or downshift, holding that gear for several seconds before returning to Automatic mode.
- Independent Front and Rear Suspension: Dual A-arm suspension gives you 10.5 inches of travel in the front, and 10-inches of travel in the rear. Pair that with stellar ground clearance, and you maximize available traction and superior comfort maneuvering over terrain other side-by-sides would shy away from.
- Turf/2WD/4WD/Diff Lock: Don’t tear up sensitive surfaces. Select Turf Mode. Want to access as much traction as possible? Put it in 4WD. Need maximum power at all four wheels? Lock the front and rear differentials. And the best part is, you can do it all with a shift of a single lever.
- Bigger Tires: Practically speaking, the 27-inch tires on 12-inch rims help increase ground clearance, improve ride comfort, and deliver better traction. Realistically speaking, they just look great. And on the DLX model, you get Maxxis Bighorn 2.0 tires with radial construction and premium style.
- Advanced Transmission Logic: The brain of the DCT, Advanced Transmission Logic, senses how you drive and adapts. Relaxed drivers get earlier shifts for a quieter ride at lower engine speeds. Sportier drivers will hold each gear longer for higher RPM shifts. And when going downhill, you get true engine braking. Now that’s a smart transmission.
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (New): Heading down a hill? Is the bed loaded or empty? Honda’s new Electronic Brakeforce Distribution automatically proportions the force to the front and rear brakes with changing conditions—all you do is press the brake pedal. (Standard on all Pioneer 1000 LE models.)
- Electric Power Steering: Our Electric Power Steering system helps eliminate bump steer through rocky and rutted terrain, which reduces fatigue. What makes it even better is the added assist you get when you need it most, like when you’re in 4WD, driving at lower speeds, or maneuvering over rough conditions.
- Engine Air Intake: To get the most out of your engine, you need the best air going into it. That’s why we positioned the air intake up high under the hood. It helps ensure a clean air supply, even at deeper fording depths, and with a new viscous air filter element, you get increased performance and longer service intervals.
- 1000-Pound-Capacity Tilt Bed: There are a ton of reasons to buy a Pioneer 1000. Among them: the half-ton hauling capacity*. No side-by-side can haul more, and when it comes to dumping, we’ve made it easier than ever, with a hydraulic assist tilt bed lever that can be accessed from outside the vehicle, or right from the driver’s seat. (*600 pound bed capacity for CA models)
- 3-Person Contoured Bench Seat: Tough, durable and built to enhance every driving experience — yes, we’re talking about the seat. Contoured for three passengers, the center seat is positioned up and forward to maximize space and comfort, and the covering is designed to resist both the elements and heavy use.
- LCD Display: The multi-function LCD dash display is large enough to host loads of information, in an easy-to-read way, like speed and fuel level. RPM and transmission mode. Fuel gauge, water temperature, trip information and more. It even includes a clock, so you’ll always know when it’s time for some fun.
- Chassis Refinements: Some of the most impressive Pioneer 1000 features are those you’ll never see. In addition to the suspension and ground clearance, we rubber-mounted the engine and exhaust system to insulate the cabin against excessive vibration. So while you may not see this feature, it’s one you will definitely notice.
- Four-Wheel Disc Brakes: The Pioneer’s uncompromising power helps take you further than ever before. The reliable disc brakes help you stop on a dime. Built to the same standard as you’d find in our autos, the four-wheel disc brakes minimize debris from building up, ensuring consistent performance, and giving you confidence on the trail.
- Driver/Passenger Protection: The Occupant Protection Structure uses large-diameter tubing, and meets OSHA’s rollover protection standard. The hard doors and roll-up side nets help keep debris from entering the cabin, and auto-style three-point seatbelts are equipped with an emergency locking retractor mechanism, to help optimize passenger security. When you put this much safety first, fun is sure to follow.
- Engine Type: 999cc liquid-cooled twin-cylinder Unicam® four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 92.0mm x 75.15mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Induction: Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 44mm throttle body
- Ignition: Full-transistorized with electronic advance
- Transmission: Fully Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) with six forward gears and Reverse. Four drive modes include 2WD, 4WD, Turf and Differential lock. Paddle Shifters with three shift modes (standard, sport, and manual)
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 10.6 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 10 in. travel
- Front Brake: Dual 210mm hydraulic discs
- Rear Brake: Dual 210mm hydraulic discs
- Front Tires: 27 x 9-14
- Rear Tires: 27 x 11-14
- Length: 116.8 in.
- Width: 63.0 in.
- Height: 76.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 80.2 in.
- Bed Capacity: 1000 lb. for 49 states
- Bed Capacity: 600 lb. for CA models
- Towing Capacity: 2000 lb.
- Ground Clearance: 12.7 in.
- Turning Radius: 13.8 ft.
- Curb Weight: 1642 lb. - includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel.
- Fuel Capacity: 7.9 gal., including 1.7 gal. reserve
- Safety: Recommended for drivers 16 years of age and older.
- Available Colors: Matte Gray Metallic
- Model ID: SXS1000M3L
- Duration: One Year
- Description: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
- Engine Type
- Twin-cylinder Unicam® four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 92.0mm x 75.15mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 44mm throttle body
- Full-transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Brakes
- Dual 210mm hydraulic discs
- Front Tire
- 27 x 9-14
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Rear Brakes
- Dual 210mm hydraulic discs
- Rear Tire
- 27 x 11-14
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 1642 lb.
- 80.2 in.
- Front Travel
- 10.6 in.
- Rear Travel
- 10 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 12.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 7.9 gal., including 1.7 gal. reserve
- Box Capacity
- 49 states: 1000 lb.; CA models: 600 lb.
- Towing Capacity
- 2000 lb.
- Fully Automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) with six forward gears and Reverse. Four drive modes include 2WD, 4WD, Turf and Differential lock. Paddle Shifters with three shift modes (standard, sport, and manual)
- Drive System
- Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Matte Gray Metallic
- One Year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan